I did something last week I've never done before in my extensive history as a strip club regular, intentionally walked out with paying a girl for some couch dances. Before you think I've descended into the dark side of the dance and dash dill weed customer, there were some extenuating circumstances. Primarily she had completely blown me off. We had done a couple dances when she called to stage. Instead of going to her rack, I waited at a table. She was at the main stage which was way too loud for me. After she had completed her set she was intercepted by another customer just as she got off stage. They headed off into the VIP section. Oh well, I figure she'll get him setup in the VIP room then stop by to tell me what's going on. I was half right. She never returned, I waited four songs before deciding to leave. I wasn't surprised that I got blown off. I was surprised that I got upset over it. I know better, but sometimes things get to me. It was later than I wanted be there, the music had gone from loud to obnoxious, and I got my precious little ego stepped on.
I supposed this is a dilemma dancers run into. Follow through with the current customer or ditch him in favor for the new more lucrative opportunity. The club was rather slow. A drunk guy walking around looking to buy a VIP isn't going to be left unattended very long. This is probably where being a nice guy doesn't work in my favor. I'm sure she thought "he'll get over it". I left club an in snarling understated snit. I'm a good customer. I'm a good guy. I've even have a blog, what could be cooler? Oh yeah, I could tip more. I got over it. I sent her a text that I'd owed her money and let me know when she was working next so I could pay her. She was working the next day. She told me that she had forgotten that we had done dances. It was a nice lie. She isn't the type that forgets to collect money.
The floor of a strip club is a sales management nightmare. At any time you can have multiple customers waiting for one dancer, while other times you have dancers competing for one customer. Throw in some alcohol to liven to really things up.
The most dancers will "mark their territory" when sitting with a customer. They'll leave their drink usually, some will leave an article of clothing, and, unfortunately their purse on occasion. It always amazes me when it's completely obvious somebody is sitting with me and yet a poacher will walk up and ask if I'm sitting alone. Yes I'm by myself, the bar is having a buy one, get one free drink sale and do you think this Hello Kitty purse matches my shoes? The problem is when the dancer takes off and starts something else. It's implied if she's leaving her drink she is going to come back. You are in a bit moral quandary of deciding how long to wait. You don't want to be a jerk and immediately bail on her, but you don't want to get stuck waiting all night. I'll wait a certain number of songs and if she's not back, I'll leave. I'd rather do that than risk getting into a turf war if another dancer sits down.
Some dancers will get very possessive. I have had dancers sit down next to me quivering with rage over the fact that somebody is sitting with "their" regular. I've never been able to sort out this situation. I've adopted a strategy to avoid it. I'll reveal a little secret of mine. tend to become a regular for dancers who are friends with dancers I currently know. I listen very closely to how dancers talk about each other. If I get dances from a girl it’s because I've heard good things about her from the other dancers. Also dancers who are friends are more willing to sit down and work with each other. Unfortunately dancer's alliances tend to change at mercurial rates. One week they are inseparable, next week mortal enemies.
Perhaps what is more amazing to me is when dancers become possessive of a song. They have certain song/outfit combination that they feel they have the copyright to. The first time I ran into this I was actually getting a couch dance. The song had just started when the dancer suddenly jumped back and whirled around to look at the DJ booth. She actually had a hand full of my shirt bunched up in her fist. It was sudden enough move that the bouncer quickly came over to see if there was a problem. "I can't believe that he is playing that song for that bitch, I always dance to song!" she snarled. The bouncer rolled his eyes "Um, You'll have to take that up the DJ" and quickly headed off to anther part of the bar.
No comments:
Post a Comment