The FTC has posted rules regarding disclosure of any payments or perks to bloggers. (http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2009/10/endortest.shtm) I can safely say I have not received any sort of perk or compensation for this blog. However, if you want to throw a free lap dance or drink my way I can be bought. Cheap. Really Cheap. Just sayin’. There are a lot of web sites that tell you how to get the most for your strip club dollar. What clubs allow more, where the cheapest drink are etcetera. This isn’t one of those, but these are a few simple things I’ve discovered.
The snuggly shirt
The golden rule always applies even in strip clubs. If you want somebody to do something nice to you, do something nice for them. Wear really soft fuzzy shirts to the club. It’s just common sense, if you want somebody to grind against on you, you should be pleasant to grind against. A dancers work clothes tend to very thin to non-existent. What you wear makes a big difference. I discovered this purely by accident. One of my many quirks is I’m really concerned about textures. How a garment feels is as important to me as how it looks. This explains why I sometimes dress like an idiot, texture over image every time.
Have to be honest, it never occurred to me that a dancer would care until one day I wore a microfiber shirt to the club that felt like silk. It got an immediate reaction from the dancers. Soon I had my wardrobe divided up into my A list shirts, B list shirts and all the rest. The A list shirts were really, really soft sort of what you’d expect to find on a plush stuffed animal. B list were not quite so soft but still nice. I think the A list shirts are more popular than me. But I guess that setting the bar pretty low. I have noticed an oddity that I can’t point out that I’m wearing a soft shirt to have an impact. The dancer has to discover it. I suppose I probably come across as a creep, “Hey baby want to feel my shirt”, ugh.
The bar staff is your best friend
Seriously, take care of the bar staff. They can be your best friends in the club. Whether it’s carrying your unconscious ass out the back or vouching for you when a scammer stripper tries to hit you up for more dances than she actually did the bar staff can be your savior. Most clubs have a policy that a dancer can’t turn down a drink if customer offers to buy one (she doesn’t have to drink it) or always try get the customer to buy them a drink. Waitresses are much more likely to either ignore the rule, or ask you specifically if you want to the buy the dancer a drink even if the dancer asks for one. It’s really nice to have the waitress on your side. I’ve had waitresses warn me when a dancer is buying a really expensive drink. Any dollar they save me I always tip them in appreciation.
The bypass
If you are holding your drink in your hand waitresses will usually not ask you if want another. When you’re at a club where they don’t know you this is a fairly effective way to keep waitresses from constantly asking you if you want another drink. This will also slow down a dancer sitting next to you who is currently pounding down drinks like a drunken sailor. It can save you a few bucks and help avoid a confrontation with a drunk dancer.
No comments:
Post a Comment