And then there’s me, Patron yes, highly effective, er, no. I have noticed some habits I picked up while talking to dancers. My goal is always trying to make the girl feel at ease. As a new customer I’m guilty to proven innocent. There are some definite things that will put a dancer on edge. Oh, there aren’t seven habits here either.
Where you put your hands is critical. This may seem so obvious, that you’re probably going "DUH", but it’s actually a lot more subtle. For the obvious "DUH" reason, I’ve noticed that dancers always follow where your hands are. Recently I was getting a dance, keeping my hands in the 10 and 2 o’clock position. One of my hands slipped slightly. Much to my amazement the dancer noticed it. Some dancers are almost hypersensitive. I always try to keep my hands visible, and this may sound a little strange, keep the palms of my palms turned away from the dancer. Your hands communicate what you are thinking. An obvious example of this is to walk up to a dancer with hands in front of you, palms turned to you like you’re a Cardiologist going into surgery and she’ll look at you your crazy. Walk up to her with hands turned toward her like you are going to grope her and you will probably get a chair broken over your head. The may be an over simplified example, but your hand will indicate intent. I will always pull my hand away if I brush up against the dancer. It respects her boundaries,
I try to be very careful when I’m talking to a dancer. Don’t assume that you are the smartest person at the table when a dancer sits down. I’m always amazed at the guys who decide they are going to do clinical analysis as to why she is working as a stripper. Ultimately they come across as a judgmental Neanderthal idiot, I can only imagine they must sound like "Why for you have nekkid job? Conan not know why, school should you go". (Actually that kind of sounds like a Cro-Magnon Yoda). The Star’s TV add with the cavemen is probably more telling than it initially appears.
I worked as a gas station attendant when I was in college. A lot of people would talk to me like I was an idiot because I worked gas station. I hated that. Worse yet, they would tell me the biggest pack of lies, assuming that I wasn’t smart enough to see through. Its probably one of the few things I can empathize with dancers.
Anything that could be taken for trying to find out personal information I’ll avoid. I don’t ask what’s you real name, where did you go to school, what kind of car you drive, where did you go to school, etc. Virtually every dancer I know has been stalked or pestered by a crazy customer. I have a tactic I use when a dancer reveals more about herself than she planned to. As she becomes more comfortable with you she might let some things slip out (especially if she drinks).When a dancers lets something slip, I play stupid (something that comes naturally) I act like I didn’t notice. I wait for dancer to mention a subject three times before I assume that she doesn’t care that I know.
Now I’ll get to some of more odd habits. One dancer once told me she hated when a customer counted out the money after buying some dances. After that I always separate out the money before I get dances. When I pay for the dances I just hand the bills to her all at once.
Basic hygiene goes a long way as well. I’ve actually be complimented because I smelt clean. I guess that showering thing really works.
No comments:
Post a Comment