Monday, February 18, 2008

She said, She said

I'm friends with a couple different clique's of dancers and some of the bar staff. It's always interesting when some sort of drama goes down in the club I'll get to hear multiple sides of a story. Recently a local sports celebrity came in and created reasonably large uproar. Big enough to warrant an article in the sports section of the newspaper.


I was in the club the following Sunday when I first heard about it. It was a fairly vitriolic second hand account of the event. According to this version the celeb came in with his normal entourage, which also included a couple of girls (Ho' bags was the exact term used in the dancer's retelling). The celeb and company then proceeded to take over the back stage. They had their girls "audition" for the club on the back stage. The girls proceeded to pretty much put on a risqué show (risqué for strip club!) which pretty much took everybody attention from the other stages, leaving those dancers high and dry (no tips). While the "audition" was going on the back stage another girl who was a friend of the dancer on the main decided to jump on the stage and do a two girl show as well. Partly was to help her friend, partly to make a point to management to either enforce the rules or not. The manager proceeded to ask the defiant dancer to get off the main stage, and was ignored by the performers. Eventually the defiant dancer got off and headed back into dressing room. One of the auditioning dancers broke a glass on stage during their performance. Then they proceeded to do some floor work, which resulted in assorted lacerations and blood on the stage. This upset the other dancers. Most dancers aren't real excited in perform on stage that looks like a crime scene. At to that the possibility of assorted blood born contagions. The auditioning girls then headed into the dressing room to clean up, generally infuriating the regular girls.

A couple days later I was talking to another dancer who was there and got a somewhat different spin. The same basic series of event happen but she made it sound like it was much more like a actual audition, and that it was only shifted to back stage at the request of the celeb. She made no mention of blood, broken glass, or any other hazmat issues. She also implied that most of the furor was from the girl on the main, who was really upset over getting upstaged by a couple of outside girls. The defiant dancer was totally wrong to ignore the manager. She also added that a reporter from the local news paper was there.
Today I got a third take on the event which matched the blood soaked, ho' bag version. Added now was the fact that the auditioning girls never filled out any wavers or tax documentation and the defiant dancer was fired. Of course getting fired at the Dolphin means you can't work their next week. I think the only way a dancer could ever get fired is to steal something from the owner. I'm sure committing a homicide would only result in a suspension (as long as no club property was damaged).

The truth is probably some where in between. The ho' bag versions are second hand, the girl who gave me the first hand account is not the most accurate reporter. She was tipped really well by the celeb, which would definitely color her version. I also know the girl who was upstaged on the main, I can definitely see her getting really mad about that and start a fur ball.

A little research on the internet and you can find also sort of events that occur when this celeb shows up at a strip club. This concerns me a little, since a couple of these event resulted in gun fire. I really don't like the idea of anybody carrying firearms in a strip club. Combining guns, alcohol, money, and naked women will definitely end up in a confrontation somewhere. It's actually amazing how quickly news of this spread across the blogosphere. In the grand scheme of things this is fairly minor event. I really doubt reporter was there. From what I can gather off the blogs the paper found out about this through a ticked off dancer/bar staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment