How long can long at a naked lady until she’s no longer naked? This was a question asked of me by a dancer. I suppose what she was really asking me is why do I keep coming back. Short of cosmetic surgery the dancer really isn’t going to change much. Fortunately I’m not that complicated. I can look at the same dancer every week and not get tired.
I don’t sit at the rail. There are several reasons why. Mostly it because I prefer to look at the whole dancer, not just zoom in on specific body part. I also wear bifocals sometimes I have to fight the urge to tilt my head back look through the reading section of my glasses. I suppose it would be a little rude to ask a dancer move back from the rail. Maybe I can hand her a menu ask her to step back so I can read it better. I also don’t want to trim the hair my nose which becomes an issue when you spend a lot of time with your head tilted back.
Hanging out a table next to the stage leads to some slightly peculiar tipping habits. I spend a lot of time scurrying back and forth tipping the dancer. I always try to tip while the dancer is on the other side of the stage. Despite a decade of hanging out at a strip clubs, I still sometimes feel embarrassed handing a dancer money. It’s easier to wait, I also always wait until a dancer either picks up her tips after a song, or starts the next song and leaves the tip on the rack. If I put the tip before she collects from the previous song both tips will get picked up and there won’t be any money up. This makes me fell guilty. I’m sure the dancer can figure out that the tip was for the next song, but still.
I’ve never been a big fan of hanging out at the rail, but when a favorite dancer on stage with a empty rack I’ll go up. Customers tend to act like lemmings, they crowd around the edges of the tables waiting for somebody to jump. I’m more than happy to be the alpha perv and lead the charge to the stage. But since I don’t spend much time at the rack I will occasionally get odd response from the dancer. I have many dancers tell me they suddenly feel weird with me sitting at the stage. It makes me feel like I just showed up at their house to watch them shower, putting dollar bills on the towel rack. It’s a compliment that the dancer considers me more than just a another face in the crowd.
Ultimately the one of the reasons I can look at the same dancers and not get tired is I is go to the club is for companionship. I can hang out and talk with a beautiful girl who under different conditions wouldn’t give me the time a day. Many folks rail against strip club because it dehumanizes woman. Yet it’s built on the most human of principles: the need to be around others. In no uncertain terms it has fundamental sexual quality to it. It is what you make of it. It can be art, it can be therapy, simple friendship, or monetized sexuality.
No comments:
Post a Comment