When I first started writing this blog in 2007 dancers used to be really interested when they found out I wrote a blog about strip clubs. Now, telling a dancer I have a blog is like telling them I have a belly button. I’m sure they’re happy I have one, but they don’t want to see it. Now I have to up my marketing by telling them I have a blog that was mentioned in Maxim magazine recommended as a must read. To backup my bullshit I decided to see if I could find an electronic version of the article for my cell phone. Yea, I know that sounds desperate. One thing that kind of sucked about the Maxim article is they put down the name of the blog, not the URL. The only people who found my blog are the ones that went searching for it.
I was searching for my electronic ego stroke when I found this piece of internet tripe. The article was on a site called “Betty Confidential”. It was about what they discovered about the way men think from Maxim magazine. You can learn a lot about 50% of world’spopulation from a magazine that has an article on “How to beat up Bigfoot”. Not. I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised that a site that makes gross generalizations about men should make gross generalizations about strip clubs. It's amazing they were able to compress a bunch of stripper stereo type's into a single paragraph and a couple comments. Here’s the section about stripper blogs.
The October issue of Maxim features a list of “must-read blogs” penned by pole-dancing honeys. Apparently, it isn’t enough for guys to see them slide down a pole anymore – they need to read about it, too. The blogs include hobostripper.com, angrystripper.wordpress.com, katstories.tumblr.com, and more. Quick, go check your guy’s browsing history now to make sure none of these sites are on it.”
First thing that strikes me about this is that they either didn’t read any of the blogs or didn’t bother to give them any credit. Most guys would benefit from reading these blogs. You will get a serious dose of humanity from them. The last line is absurd: "Quick, go spy on your boyfriend and get really upset if he's reading about people's real life experiences". I suspect that actually reading the blogs would shatter their precious stereotypes that makes them feel superior.
I tried to leave a comment on the blog. I even signed up for a “Betty Confidential” account. I took the low road. I pointed out that if your relationship was so shaky that even reading about strip club blogs was a problem, it was doomed anyway. Then I pointed out that most of the blog writers have college degrees. It comment didn't appear on the site. Either I didn’t fill it out correctly or they deleted it. In any case, I didn’t try very hard.
The comments are just as bad: “Thang?” Barf. I don't think there are any branches on her family tree. (Que banjo music). The second comment is just condescending and ignorant. Seriously, stripper = illiterate, LOL? That's pathetic.
#1. CityLady212 on 10/08/2010 - 1:49 pm (EDT)That's interesting about the oral sex thang!#2. ChattyCathy on 10/08/2010 - 4:56 pm (EDT)LOL stripper blogs??
I guess you get what you pay for. I always wondered where the writers who couldn't make the grade at Tiger Beat went to.
No comments:
Post a Comment