There really isn’t any instruction manual or rules of etiquette for strip clubs. Books have been written about dinner etiquette, not much for strip clubs. Different states, different clubs have different rules. There are I think there is a basic guidelines that could agreed upon for both dancers and customers. Here’s my attempt at the Dancer/Customer Covenant. Some points are serious, some are for laughs.
I (state your name) as a customer about to enter a strip club will agree to the following conditions:
1) I will tip. At least one dollar per stage set and the clubs accepted price for other dances. Watching the dancers without making a decent attempt at tipping is stealing.
2) I will bath and perform basic personal hygiene.
3) I will leave the club the club in a reasonable amount of time after I have run out of money.
4) I will not make any assumptions about somebody’s intelligence, moral qualities, ethics, and attitude toward drugs, personal ambition or any other aspects of personality purely on a person’s current profession. The only conclusion you safe conclusion you can determine about dancer is what she does to pay the bills. Until you meet and talk to her make draw no other conclusions.
5) I will tip legal US currency.
6) I will pay for all dances asked for.
7) I will not cry.
8) I will not grievously lie about my occupational or financial situation purely to take advantage of a dancer by promising fiscal return or occupation rewards I cannot support.
9) I will not physically touch a dancer unless she previously approves.
10) I will not contact, follow, stalk, or bother the dancer in any manner after I leave the club property without the dancers prior consent.
11) I will not throw up on the stage.
12) I will not ask the dancer why she became a stripper.
13) I will not ask the dancer for a date repeatedly. If she says no the first time, you odds aren’t going up if you drink more.
14) I will not lie to a dancer for the express purpose of causing problems with another dancer.
15) I will not insult, harass, or agitate the dancer.
16) I will not expose any body parts.
I (state your stage name) as a dancer will agree to the following:
1) I will show up.
2) I will bath and perform basic personal hygiene.
3) I will put on makeup and get ready for stage in a timely fashion
4) I will not grievously lie about pets, children, medical conditions or a child’s pet’s medical condition for the express purpose of manipulating the customer for more money.
5) I will not get in fight on the club floor.
6) I will not take out my anger on the customers that don't deserve it.
7) I will not order outrageously expensive drinks with asking the customer first.
8) I will not text message on stage.
9) I will not drop a customer for another without telling him/her first.
10) I will not assume a customer is a jerk until he/she demonstrates it.
11) I will not throw up on stage.
12) I will not ask for more money than deserve. I will not ask for money for dances I intentionally did not perform.
13) I will not fall asleep in the VIP room
14) I will not wear more perfume than allowed by the EPA.
15) I will not lie about other dancers.
What about, "I will not go #2 on stage"? I heard that happened at one of the Dolphin clubs years before I started working there...the reason behind why it happened is more upsetting than the fact that the girl did that on stage!
ReplyDeleteYour right there aren't any, instruction manual on rules of etiquette for strip clubs. In written form anyway. I do like the ones you have come up with. I go by the same rules myself, just seems like it is a no brainer. :-D Thought of a couple more for the customer, in case you do end up writing that instruction manual. Look interested in the dancers performance if at the rack. Also never do the tounge thing, it just grosses out the dancer. lol
ReplyDelete